#Whats #the #cheapest #insurance
Getting cheap rates on auto insurance
Some insurance companies focus on the bare necessities for you to drive legally—bodily injury and property damage liability with the minimum limits—along with a claims process that’s spotty at best. Rather than take a chance on that cheap car insurance company, you can get quality coverage that won’t break the bank with Nationwide.
Nationwide’s insurance professionals can quickly design a car insurance quote that meets your precise needs, even for those on a budget. Rather than going with the cheapest car insurance quote, make sure the company you choose provides flexible coverage and billing options. For instance, Nationwide allows members to pay monthly, quarterly or semi-annually online, through the mail or over the phone. It’s important to keep long-term flexibility in mind when deciding on an insurance carrier, not just go with the cheapest car insurance option.
How do I get cheap car insurance?
Everybody wants the best value for their car insurance premium. That’s why Nationwide offers many ways to get low rates, including our car insurance discounts. But what really makes us unique is the quality we offer our members. Here are a few benefits Nationwide members get:
- Dependable, customizable car insurance – you can choose the auto insurance policies that suit your lifestyle and budget.
- Top-notch claims service – Nationwide Claims Service is there when you need it, 24/7. You can file a claim online or by phone.
- An annual On Your Side ® Review to ensure your coverage is meeting your needs.
- Accident Forgiveness helps you avoid increased rates in the event of your first at-fault accident.
How can I lower my car insurance rates?
- The kind of car you drive – The price and style of your vehicle will impact how much your rates will be. The age of your car also matters; older cars tend to be cheaper to insure.
- The kind of coverage you choose – If you drive an older car with high mileage, you might consider dropping collision or comprehensive coverage if you need to keep your premiums low.
- The amount of your deductible – Higher deductibles can significantly lower car insurance premiums. While it could mean more out-of-pocket expenses in the event of an accident, it could also mean paying less over time.
- Where you keep your car – Rates are determined to some degree by the area in which you live and park your car.
- The number of drivers on your policy – If you add someone to your policy, your rate will increase, particularly if that “someone” is a new teen driver. Statistically teenagers have more accidents so they’re more expensive to insure.
- Your driving record – Insurance rates can sometimes increase after an accident or moving violation. The good news? You may qualify for a discount after a certain period of driving accident-free.
You can learn more about the factors that impact the cost of car insurance – and be sure to take them into account as you shop for coverage.
What about those discounts?
- Multiple policies discount – When you carry multiple types of insurance policies from Nationwide (car insurance, home insurance, life insurance, motorcycle insurance and so on), you could qualify for lower premiums on each policy than if you had separate policies from different insurers. Think of it as a discount for bundling.
- Affinity discount – We have established relationships with several organizations to offer discounts to their members. If you belong to such a group, you may be eligible for a discount on insurance from Nationwide.
- Good student discount – Cheap car insurance for students is possible with Nationwide.
- SmartRide ® discount – SmartRide is a tracking tool we offer to reward safe driving. Here’s where rubber truly meets the road – plug the device into your car and it will track your driving habits, such as hard braking, speed and so forth. With a steady hand at the wheel, your low-risk driving can earn you lower insurance premiums.
- Paperless discount – You’ll save money on stamps and avoid late fees if you sign up to have your Nationwide bill paid automatically at regular intervals from your checking or savings account. Some policyholders may even earn a recurring discount when they agree to receive documents electronically.
Start saving money today
Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which control coverage determinations. Such terms may vary by state, and exclusions may apply. Discounts may not be applied to all policy coverages.