#personal #injury #lawyer #jacksonville #fl
Florida Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in an accident by no fault of your own, we can help you.
Florida Personal Injury Lawyers
Since 1979, the personal injury division of our firm has represented more than 19,000 injured people in Florida. Our goal is to get you the maximum compensation possible for your pain and suffering, medical bills and lost wages.
It is critical to preserve evidence and take immediate action in any personal injury case so we encourage you to contact us a soon possible.
Recently Resolved Cases
- Retired doctor settles UM claim for $550,000.00 even though the at-fault driver had no insurance A 56 year-old retired doctor recently learned the importance of purchasing uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist (UM) coverage from her auto insurance company. She was badly injured in a car crash with an uninsured driver while visiting South Florida. Unbeknownst to her [ ]
- Miami Filmmaker collects $374,000.00 settlement for Trucking Crash incident A 53 year-old Miami Filmmaker suffered a serious back injury when her vehicle was sideswiped by a semi-truck on I-95 near Miami Gardens Drive. Though the visible damage to her vehicle was not impressive, the impact was severe, causing her [ ]
- Trailer Accident Case Settles for $775,000 policy limit Client Is Struck By Truck With A Trailer Hitched To The Back Our client, a retired victim, was riding his bicycle in Vero Beach, Florida. As he was crossing a street, suddenly and without warning, another vehicle struck him causing [ ]
Recent Personal Injury FAQ
- Why Am I Having Trouble Finding An Attorney For A Case Against Miami Dade County? Finding an attorney to represent you for an injury that occurred as a result of the negligence of an employee of Miami Dade County, can be quite challenging. Under Florida Law, the rules are different for suing a state agency [ ]
- I slipped and fell in a parking lot. Who is at fault? Walking through a parking lot is something that many people do multiple times per day. The vast majority of the time, we make it to our destination with no problem and without any concern. There are many potential dangerous conditions [ ]
- I was involved in a crash with someone that has no insurance. What are my rights? Unfortunately, Florida law does not require drivers to have bodily injury coverage on their insurance policies. This means that a driver in Florida can legally injure another person and not have the type of insurance that would compensate that person [ ]
Maximizing Recovery For the Injured & Disabled
Since 1979, the law firm of Attorneys Dell & Schaefer has been selected by thousands of individuals and families to handle legal matters that had a significant impact on their lives. These legal matters have included everything from catastrophic personal injuries, denial of insurance benefits to large commercial litigation disputes.
More than 90% of our clients are represented on a contingency fee basis. which means there is no fee or cost for our services unless we are able make a recovery for our clients.
Our Law Firm Practice Divisions
Due to the diversity of legal services we offer and the specialized legal skills required in each area of the law, we have structured our law firm into the following Law Practice Divisions:
Accident & Injury Division
The Accident & Injury Division is managed by personal injury attorney Dennis Schaefer. Our personal injury lawyers in this division represent individuals that have suffered a serious injury or death due to the negligence or careless actions of another.
Specific types of cases that our injury attorneys handle are auto accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, slip & fall injuries, defective & dangerous (recalled) products, nursing home neglect or abuse, construction site accidents, cruise ship accidents, dog bites and medical malpractice.
Civil Litigation & Trial Division
Our Civil Litigation and Trial Division is a diverse group of talented trial attorneys. Unlike most law firms that refer all of their lawsuits to other law firms, we have the experience, knowledge and financial resources to handle all of the litigation and trials for our clients.
When hiring a law firm it is important to make sure that they will be handling the case and not referring it to another law firm.
Our Civil Litigation Division handles cases in both state and federal courts throughout the country.
Disability Benefits & Insurance Claim Denials Division
The disability benefits and Insurance Claim Denial division of Dell & Schaefer, led by Gregory Michael Dell, focuses on the representation of long term disability insurance claimants in both private policy and group disability (ERISA) claims.
As long term disability attorneys. we represent individuals at all stages of a claim for disability income benefits, which includes the disability application process, denial of disability benefits, lawsuits to recover disability benefits and lump sum disability policy buyouts for individuals that are currently being paid disability income benefits.
Additionally, Mr. Dell and his legal team have handled numerous claims against insurance companies for long-term care insurance denials, life insurance denials, commercial property damage insurance denials, and health insurance denials.
Criminal Defense Division
The Criminal Defense Division of our firm has been representing individuals charged with major crimes in state and Federal courts throughout Florida since 1979. The Criminal Defense Division was formed by attorney Dennis Schaefer following the completion of his term as a Broward County Assistant State Attorney.
Our Criminal Defense Division has protected the constitutional rights of hundreds of individuals and handles cases ranging from felonies to white collar federal charges.
Recently Published On Our Blog
- My child was injured at a trampoline park. What are my rights? The amount of trampoline parks that are opening across the United States is on the rise. Currently, there are well over 500 trampoline parks open for business in the US and over 30 trampoline parks in the State of Florida. [ ]
- April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month Distracted driving is one of the fastest growing safety issues on the roads today. Distracted driving is dangerous, claiming 3,477 lives in 2015 alone. What is distracted driving? Distracted driving is any activity that diverts attention from driving, including [ ]
- Florida Law: What Happens When the Driver of a Car Sharing Service Causes an Accident Around 8 p.m. on New Year s Eve in 2013, a 6-year-old San Francisco child was hit and killed by an Uber driver. The child was in a pedestrian crosswalk with her mother and brother, neither of whom were injured. At [ ]
- Your Rights as a Passenger Using Uber or Lyft Just a few years ago in San Francisco, UberCab hit the streets as a new type of ride sharing service for people needing transportation but who did not want to call a typical taxicab. Uber drivers are vetted by Uber, [ ]
- The Confusion of Several Injury Accidents The Need for Experts It is not uncommon, although unlucky, for a client to have more than one and sometimes several injury accidents. These facts always make their cases more difficult to resolve. However, it does not make them impossible to resolve. It requires [ ]