ABCs of English Grammar
This self-paced online course will provide you with a review of the grammar and writing skills necessary when taking any high school or college test, or with your everyday work-related writing and correspondence.
Divided up into 15 easy-to-understand lessons, this grammar course concentrates on usage, the mechanics of a sentence, spelling, and a general review of grammatical problem areas. Each lesson focuses on frequent errors, gives examples, suggests strategies, and offers further study guides.
This course is ideal for all types of students who want to get an edge on taking a high school, college, or a job related English exam and anyone wishing to update and improve their grammar skills.
If you’re looking for a quick and efficient review of basic grammar skills, ABCs of English Grammar will meet your needs. This online class is not only for students prepping for high school and college English exams, but anyone who feels their grammar skills are not up to par. Divided into easy-to-understand lessons, this grammar course concentrates on usage, the mechanics of a sentence, spelling, and a general review of grammatical problem areas. Each lesson focuses on frequent errors, gives examples, suggests strategies, and offers further study guides.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the subject and predicate of any sentence.
- Know the differences between nouns and pronouns.
- Be comfortable with forming sentences with the correct verb tenses.
- Recognize irregular verbs.
- Differentiate between adjectives and adverbs and use them properly in sentences.
- Understand what is meant by a Phrase.
- Identify the Clause.
- Break down the mechanics of a sentence.
- Identify the role of modifiers and use them correctly.
- Correctly use capitalization in writing.
- Correctly punctuate sentences.
- Avoid common spelling problems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- “I enjoyed this class and learned alot from it. Good Class! The instructor was great very prompt to answer emails. Will be taking another subject with UniversalClass very soon.” — Rita R.
- “Instructor was very helpful.” — Lisa M.
- “This instructor is very smart and helped me get through a very difficult class.” — Lisa G.
- “My instructor was very helpful and patient. She always got back to me right away!” — Karin P.
- “The instructor was very good, took time to help me and worked with me very well. The course was organized very well. Lessons were easy to understand and the assignments and exams followed what was in the lesson.” — Marlis W.
- “I enjoyed all of the course from U.C.” — Loredana G.
- “Great instructor. She answered my questions and was always available and prompt. Very knowledgeable. Nice job!” — Karen B.
- View More Testimonials.