Google Translate Disclaimer
This Google translation feature, provided on the Employment Development Department (EDD) website, is for informational purposes only.
The web pages currently in English on the EDD website are the official and accurate source for the program information and services the EDD provides. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version.
The EDD is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information or changes in the formatting of the pages resulting from the translation application tool.
Forms and publications provided on the EDD website cannot be translated using Google Translate. Some forms and publications are translated by the department in other languages. For those forms, visit the Online Forms and Publications section.
The phone numbers listed here can be called for Unemployment Insurance (UI) services. There are separate phone numbers for English, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Vietnamese speaking customers. A separate phone number is also available for customers who are deaf or hard of hearing.
If you are calling to file a claim, you must call by Friday to receive credit for the week.
UI Self-Service Phone Line
The UI Self-Service Phone Line provides the following services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English and Spanish. This number should be used if you do not need to speak with a representative.
- Get information on your last payment issued.
- Certify for benefits using EDD Tele-Cert SM .
- Hear information on how to file a new UI claim or reopen an existing one.
- Request duplicate 1099G tax information.
- Find local America s Job Center of California SM locations.
Before placing your call, review Using the UI Self-Service Phone Line to learn about our menu options.
Note: More comprehensive self-service options are available using the Internet with UI Online SM .
UI Phone Numbers by Language
EDD representatives are available by phone Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. to 12 noon (Pacific Time), except on California state holidays .
Phone Numbers by Language to Reach a Customer Service Representative
- Filing Claims
- Payment Information
- General Information
- Presentaci n de Solicitudes
- Informaci n sobre su Pago
- Informaci n General
TI NG VI T
- N p n xin
- Th ng tin v chi phi u
- Th ng tin t ng qu t
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Customers
Deaf and hard of hearing callers can contact the Employment Development Department (EDD) in two ways:
- Directly (without using the California Relay Service): By teletypewriter (TTY) at 1-800-815-9387. The TTY is a telecommunications device for the deaf and hard of hearing; this phone number does not accept voice calls.
- Indirectly. Through the California Relay Service. If calling via the California Relay Service. you must provide the EDD phone number to the California Relay Service operator (customers calling outside of California should use their state s relay service).
We encourage deaf and hard of hearing callers to contact us by using 1-800-815-9387, the TTY toll-free number. This will put you in direct contact with an EDD customer service representative who can provide you with Unemployment Insurance services.
Copyright 2017 State of California