Private Loans for Undergraduates
The PNC Solution Loan for Undergraduates is a private loan offering a convenient way to pay for college after you have exhausted your federal loan options.
Who It’s For: Students who are enrolled at least half time in a degree or certificate program
- Choose your interest rate option: variable or fixed rate
- No application or origination fees
- Get 0.50% off your rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account 1
- A co-signer release option is available after 48 consecutive on-time monthly payments 2
- Variable rate loan interest rates range from 3.49% to 10.44%
(APRs from 3.40% to 10.44%) 3
(APRs from 6.19% to 12.99%) 3
- be an undergraduate student in a degree program
- be enrolled at least half time as determined by your school
You and your co-signer, if any, must:
- be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- have lived in the U.S. for the previous two years
- meet the credit guidelines listed below
- meet debt-to-income requirements
Please note: A co-signer is typically required for undergraduate students; a creditworthy co-signer is required for 17-year-old students
You or your co-signer, if any, must:
- have two years of satisfactory credit history, and two years of continuous income and/or employment history
- have proof of current income
- if self-employed, have been in business for at least two years
Considering Applying With a Co-signer?
- Applying with a creditworthy co-signer may increase your chances of approval.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service center to speak with a student loan specialist at 1-800-762-1001. Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm Eastern time.
1 Get 0.50% off your interest rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account when making scheduled payments that include both principal and interest. If automatic payment is discontinued, you will no longer receive an automatic payment discount. A federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please contact your financial institution for more information on transfer limitations on savings account.
2 A request to release a co-signer requires that you have made forty-eight (48) consecutive timely payments with no periods of forbearance or deferment within the forty-eight (48) month timeframe. “Timely payment” means each payment is made no later than the 15th day after the scheduled due date of the payment. “Consecutive payment” means the regularly scheduled monthly payment must be made for forty-eight (48) months straight without any interruption. To qualify for a co-signer release, the borrower must submit a request, meet the consecutive, timely payment requirements, provide proof of income and pass a credit check.
3 View important disclosure and repayment information for the PNC Solution Loan for Undergraduates. Annual loan maximum: $40,000; maximum aggregate educational debt (including federal and private student loans): $225,000.
4 Interest will continue to accrue during periods of deferment. You will receive quarterly interest statements during this deferment period. Paying the interest as it accrues each quarter will save you money over the repayment term of the loan because any accrued interest that you do not pay will be added to the principal balance at the end of the deferment period.
PNC reserves the right to discontinue any or all terms of this program at any time without notice. Loans may be sold to other financial organizations; however, the interest rate and term of the loan will not change if a loan is sold. PNC Solution Loans are subject to credit approval.