- £100 to £1000 (new customers) up to £2500 (existing customers), subject to affordability.
- Affordable, fixed payments
- No hidden charges
- No bank account required
- Instant in-principle online decision
- Friendly doorstep service
Provident is the UK’s leading home collected personal credit company offering small unsecured personal cash loans. Since 1880 they’ve helped people buy the things they need using their friendly door-to-door service.
Provident specialises in straightforward personal credit that puts you in control. They offer small cash loans which, if accepted, are delivered straight to your door. You can start your application online today for a decision in principle in minutes. Their loans have weekly fixed repayments – and the amount owed never goes up.
Summary of Provident Loans
- Unsecured “provident loans” from £100 – £1000 (subject to affordability)
- existing borrowers may be able to borrow up to £2500 (subject to affordability)
- Repay in weekly instalments – new customers 13 – 52 weeks and existing customers up to 104 weeks (for loans £500+)
- You may still be considered even if you have a poor credit history or CCJs
- Affordable, fixed repayments that keep you in control
- No hidden charges – no matter what happens, the amount owed under your credit agreement never goes up – even if you take longer to pay or miss some payments
- You do not need a bank account or a debit card
- Your application is free and you are under no obligation after you apply
Your circumstances not just your credit score
Provident makes the effort to understand their customers’ personal circumstances, not just their personal credit score so previous credit history, including CCJ’s, need not be a problem.
And don’t forget, your application is free and you are under no obligation to continue if you change your mind during the application process.
How to apply to Provident for a cash loan
Visit the Provident website and follow these simple steps:
- Choose the loan option you prefer – how much you wish to borrow and the number of weeks you would like to borrow it for from the available options. Their loan calculator will tell you what your weekly payments could be.
- Start your loan application online – complete the straightforward application form. You’ll find out within minutes if you’ve been accepted in principle.
- If accepted in principle finish with a visit from one of the Provident team – they will carry out an affordability assessment to ensure the loan repayments are manageable.
What do other customers think of Provident?
Provident uses Feefo, an independent review service, to ask their customers what they think about their loans and the service they have experienced. The rating below is collated from feedback received during the last 12 months.
Got a Question about Provident?
The minimum and maximum loan amounts you can apply for is as follows:
To start an enquiry please complete Provident’s simple online form.
Provident provide a calculator on their website to help you calculate this. But it is worth pointing out that you agree a repayment period up front and then the total amount repayable is fixed regardless of whether you miss a payment, etc. Good to know.
To get your loan first you apply on their website – tell them how much you’d like to borrow, provide a little information about yourself and your personal cicumstances and receive a decision in principle. If approved one of Provident’s team will visit you in your home to finalise your loan to complete the application and carry out an affordability assessment to ensure the loan is affordable and the repayments are manageable. You also have an opportunity to ask any questions you might have about the loan.
To apply you must:
- Be aged between 18 and 74
- Be a UK resident
- Agree to being credit checked
- Agree to a Provident team member visiting you at home
You will need to provide the following information:
- Personal information including your date of birth and national insurance number (this speeds up the application process)
- Your address details for the last 3 years (including your previous address if you have lived at your current address for less than 3 years)
- Your email address and contact phone number
The Provident team live and work within the community they serve, so they may have an understanding of some of the issues your community faces. They are the helpful people who make weekly visits to our customers all over the country. Provident team members:
- Are easy to talk to
- Make lending decisions
- Collect your weekly repayment from your home
Yes, like Provident, Greenwood Loans used to offer home credit cash loans – typically 50 to 500 with repayments over 14 to 52 weeks. Greenwood Personal Credit were acquired by Provident in 1977 but in 2014 this doorstep brand was merged into the Provident Loans home credit brand.
Compare the price of home collected and other cash loans available in your area at www.lenderscompared.org.uk.
To operate this service we receive a commission from the provider we refer you to.
A home credit loan from Provident will require a visit to you at home to discuss your financial income, outgoings and other financial commitments. Available to UK residents aged 18 and over. Written quotations are available on request.
Provident is a trading name of Provident Personal Credit Limited. Registered Office: 1 Godwin Street, Bradford BD1 2SU. Registered number 146091. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
About Doorstep Loans
Interest Rate (fixed)
Answer 4 quick questions to discover your loan options.
- No Fees and Charges
- Smart Online Service
- Stay Safe & Secure
- Independent & Impartial
- Trusted Partners
Doorstep Loan Quick Links
When it comes to getting you your doorstep loan our online service is second to none. In fact Solution-Loans.co.uk has scored 4.6 out of 5 based on 203 ratings 21 user reviews for its doorstep loan service.
IF YOU ARE THINKING OF CONSOLIDATING EXISTING BORROWING YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT YOU MAY BE EXTENDING THE TERMS OF THE DEBT AND INCREASING THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU REPAY
MISSING PAYMENTS ON A LOAN WILL HAVE SEVERE CONSEQUENCES AND MAY MAKE OBTAINING CREDIT MORE DIFFICULT IN THE FUTURE
Correspondence Address: PO Box 414, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 2DN.
Solution Loans is a licensed credit broker and not a lender. Nothing on this website constitutes financial advice. If you need financial advice you should speak to a qualified financial advisor. This website provides information only. The choice of product is yours and your alone. As a broker we process the information you provide us and we may pass this onto our trusted third party lenders and brokers. All credit is subject to you being a UK resident, aged 18 or over and your personal circumstances. All lenders operate responsible lending policies and as such credit is subject to affordability. § Visit how we earn revenue for more information.
© 2005 – 2017 Solution Loans. All rights reserved.
Solution Loans is a trading style of Affiniti Digital Media Ltd. Registered Office: Moorgate House, 7 Station Road West, Oxted, Surrey, RH8 9EE. Registered in England Wales, number 5180470. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 726074). Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office – Z8703415.