• Introduction to the Study of Law*
• Introduction to Business Law*
• Media Law 1 (OMLW11615)*
• Law Office Practice and Procedure*
• Principles of Business Communication*
• General Office Practice*
All modules are compulsory unless otherwise specified and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Responsible | Careful | Accurate | Helpful | Methodical | Passion for the Law
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• An understanding of the social, economic and political framework in which our legal system operates
• Ability to understand the different fields of law and how they affect our daily lives
• Ability to understand one’s rights and advise others of those rights; ensuring that disadvantaged people are not exploited
• Ability to identify legal issues and understand how the law deals with these problems
• Ability to research legal issues
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Paralegal including a total of 34 Higher Education credits on NQF L5 (HCLP1, HCLT1, HCML1, HMLW1) and 14 Higher Education credits on NQF L6 (HCLT2)
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion the Learner may apply for admission with advanced placement to an accredited Boston Higher Education Programme.