Alliant Credit Union
Family Banking Solutions
We offer award-winning online kids savings and teen checking accounts (plus, great products for parents too!)
Alliant Car Buying Service
Get upfront pricing, guaranteed savings, and a discounted rate on your auto loan. Members save an average of $3,106 off MSRP.
Get the returns you deserve
Earn top dollar with rates up to 2.25%APY.
Is student loan consolidation right for you?
Combining your student loans could get you a lower interest rate.
Find the card that best fits your needs
Earn rewards, get cash back or take advantage of a low standard variable rate.
Student loans that make the grade
Alliant Credit Union Student Loans help you get a jumpstart on your education. No payments are due until you re out of school.
The Run Down
- Available for undergraduate and graduate student loans
- Optional deferment means no payments due until 6 months after graduation
- Borrow up to $15,000 per year or $60,000 over the course of the loan
- Repayment terms up to 12 years 52
- No prepayment penalties. Reduce your interest by paying early
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is variable and subject to increase after consummation. 56
Earn 1.16% APY on your savings!
Grow your savings faster with Alliant s higher savings rate.
“Best No-Fee Credit Union 2016” – MyBankTracker
“Best Credit Unions 2017” – NerdWallet
Student loan application process
Submit an application (2 business days)
To get the loan process started, first begin an online loan application. If you have a cosigner, they will need to register online and choose an e-sign or paper signature option. After you’ve submitted your application, you can log back in at any time to check on the loan status. Get started by applying online.
Get approved (10 business days)
We will review and process your application within 48 hours and notify you when it’s completed.
School certification (30 days or less)
Your school will certify the total amount of eligible expenses for the loan period and when loan funds need to be disbursed.
Truth-in-Lending Disclosure (7 business days)
After your school has certified your expenses, we will deliver a Truth-in-Lending Disclosure. This will give you a chance to review all the loan terms and conditions.
Final Promissory Note (7-12 business days)
Before your school term begins, we will send you a final Truth-in-Lending statement that confirms the rate, amount of the loan and other key information. You will also have a period of 3 days called the “Right of Rescission” to cancel your loan for any reason.
We will disperse the funds directly to your school by the required date, and you will be on your way to putting another school term in the books.
Add a cosigner
Adding a cosigner to your Alliant Credit Union Student Loan may improve your chances of qualifying and help you get an even lower interest rate 52 .
Borrow what you need to succeed
If you already have financial aid or a partial scholarship, an Alliant Student Loan picks up the difference. You can also use your student loan to pay for non-tuition expenses like housing, books and meals.
Get started easily
Want to learn more about how student loans works? View our student loan application process.
Figuring out how to finance your education can be complex. We can help!
Traditional Student Loan Rates
APR=Annual Percentage Rate 52
Let Me Know When Alliant Rates Gets Even Better
Student Loan FAQs
Can I use a student loan to fund the balance of tuition even if I have a partial scholarship?
Yes. You still qualify for an Alliant Student Loan. Our loan covers related school expenses after scholarships, grants and financial aid.
Can an Alliant Student Loan be used for other college expenses, in addition to tuition?
We understand that college expenses are more than just tuition. There are also costs related to travel, room and board, books and meals. Your Alliant Student Loan can be used for all of these needs.
Can I pay off my loan quicker than the payment schedule?
Yes. At Alliant, there are no prepayment penalties for paying off your loan faster than your payment schedule. In fact, it s a great way to save on interest over the long run.
Have a Question?
Want to know more about this product? Search our friendly help guide!
Traditional Student Loan Reviews
Thanks! Your input is greatly appreciated.
Your review is pending moderation and should appear here shortly.
Ready to Get Started
Ready to Get Started?
Use our convenient online membership application process to get started right away.
Call us anytime to speak with a friendly Member Services Representative.
Visit a Branch
Search for a branch near you.
11545 West Touhy Avenue, Chicago, IL 60666
42. If you have established your Alliant membership online, the terms of the Electronic Signature and Consent to Conduct Business Electronically (PDF) disclosure shall apply.
52. The Traditional Student Loan Annual Percentage Rate (APR) assumes that you will be in school for four years and have a six-month grace period before repayment begins. Repayment terms up to 12 years are available. The approved school may not be a proprietary school (a school that is considered a for-profit institution), community college or trade school. The minimum loan amount is $3,000. Borrow up to $15,000 annually to a maximum cumulative loan amount (per membership account) of $60,000. Rate is variable and is subject to increase after consummation. You are not required to make payments on your loan while in school, although you may make principal and interest payments at any time. Making payments while attending school will lower your APR. Disbursements will be made directly to the school. Your interest rate will be determined by your cosigner s credit score, if applicable; otherwise, your credit score will determine the interest rate. To be eligible for the interest rate reduction for automatic payments, you must be signed up for automatic payments through University Accounting Service (UAS). Alliant Credit Union reserves the right to modify or discontinue benefits at its discretion and without notice. To become an Alliant member, you must meet eligibility requirements for Alliant membership. All loans are subject to approval. Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change.
Payment example: Monthly payment of $103.83 per $10,000 dollars borrowed based on a rate of 3.96% APR as of 10/01/17 and a repayment term of 12 years.